Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thailand Summer Tour: Chiangmai 2008

After Chiangrai, we flew to Chiangmai. There, we stayed with our friend, Aoum.

Our first day in Chiangmai, we explored the old city on foot and had fun watching people celebrating Songkran. We were so wet. After a fun, wet and hot day, we wentto the famous resturant, Riverside.
Manuel, me and my long long long old old old friend, Jek.
Next day we went to Doi Suthep.

Back to the old city again. Here you can see the old wall of Chiangmai.
With bustling busy people celebrating Songkran.
Dinner at Aoum's place. In this picture: Jerome from France (Iveper 05-06). He is serving in Thailand., me (Iveper 06-07), Manuel (Service worker 05-07), Kat (Aoum's wife) and Aoum (Iveper 05-06)
A game night, bringing old Mennonite memories- Dutch Blizt! The calculator was my big help :p
I sent Manuel, my travel partner off at Chiangmai train station. We said goodbye here. After Thailand, he is continuing his Asia trip to Cambodia. Thanks for visiting me, man!
After sending Manuel off, my long time friend, Nat picked me up. Nat was Iveper 04-05 in Regina, SK, Canada. It was good to spend a day with him cus I had not seen him for a long time. He is one of my close friends. I have known him since grade 9.
Sweet sunset in Chiangmai in a small remoted village in the mountain.

No comments: