Tuesday, May 1, 2007

USA Road trip: Stockton, Santa Cruz, Davis; California

Jan 24th - 27th, 2007: Stockton, Santa Cruz, Davis; California

After our great road trip, we were back home in Stockton and my auntie and uncle needed to get back to work. I stayed home with grandma Gab on Thursday, doing laundry and going jogging in the evening to burn all calories I had gained during the trip. My aunt got two big fat dogs, Spot and Sydney. They are very naughty. I miss them though.... On Friday, my long time (but not old) friend, Adrian whom I met seven years ago at a church camp in New Hampshire came to pick me up. We went for a long drive to Santa Cruz which is south west to Stockton. We dropped by to have late breakfast at iHop in Tracy and we headed to Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz is a small beach town with old building and you can see Mexican or Spanish (whatever!) architecture. It was raining that day :( and its winter so the Boardwalk (Fun park on the beach front) was closed. I saw sea lions swimming in the sea, seagulls, birds and etc.... so cute.... The rain was getting heavier so we went in and small cafe at the pier (This place is like Bang Poo in Thailand).

We came back to Stockton in the evening. It took us 3.5 hrs cus the traffic was very horrible (it took us two hours when we drove here.). We went to my aunt's house and had quick dinner. Then my aunt, Adrian and I drove to my cousin, Pee Bo, in Davis. My aunt and I stayed over at Pee Bo's place tonight. I went out to some pubs in Davis with Adrian and his friends. Davis is a university city. So I got to meet a lot of young people :) It's a pretty city. U can see students getting around by bikes.


Santa Cruz Beach

Old style building

Crazy face on the beach :p It was rainy and windy
Stop for some drinks after running through the rain
Adrian and his beerI am such a baby so I just had hot chocolate :p

Breakfast at iHop
Happy after breakfast
Windmills on the way from Stockton - Santa Cruz
Board Walk

1 comment:

Dönner - เดินเนอร์ - 듀너 - ドエナー - 德納 said...

haha you and adrian with your tongues....crazy!

and you complained about the pic that I took at camp squeah...oh dear!