Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Rocky Mountains roadtrip 03-04.06.07- Day ii : Sulphur Mountain, Columbia Icefield, Lake Louise

Day 2:
We went up to the Sulphur Mountain in the morning by Banff Gondola.It was my second time to go up to the Sulphur Mountain. View from the top
Exercise on the way to the Cosmic Ray Station
Canadian Rockies and me


Cosmic Ray Station

I am going to ride u, Ice Explorer!
We left Banff around 11.30. We were lucky to see some deer.
The road to the Columbia Icefield (Icefield Parkway) is said to be one of the most beautiful roads in the world.
You will see beautiful Rockies, lakes, icefields along the way.
I was speechless When I was there. It was just stunning and breath-taking scenery.
We entered Jasper and left Banff behind.
Here we are at the Columbia Icefield in Jasper.
My ticket to explore the icefield and Anthabasca glacier.

The snow and ice are melting. The Columbia Icefield is located on the boundary of Banff and Jasper National Parks. One of the largest accumulations of ice and snow south of the Arctic Circle, it covers an area of nearly 325 square kilometres. The continuous accumulation of snow feeds eight major glaciers including the Athabasca, Dome, and Stutfield Glaciers, all visible from the Icefields Parkway. The Columbia Icefield is a true "hydrological apex," for its meltwater feeds streams and rivers that pour into the Arctic, Atlantic, and Pacific oceans. I am standing on the glacier.

A little waterfall. I got some water from this falls too, very refreshing.
Beautiful sunshine from the glacier.

And this is my ride to the glacier.
We left the icefield and started driving back to Calgary.
Isn't it beautiful?
Photo stop


I'm always happy to be back here, the beautiful Lake Louise.

The snow alrady melted and I couldn't help going into the cold refreshing water in the lake.

Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise
Sweet view of the lake.
Wow... I can't believe that I would get to travel a lot like this. And the places I have gone to are just WOW and spectacular. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey habibi,
oooh moose...wow..great pics...i like the rocky mountains!
in two weeks i will be there too...rocking trough the rockies with my parents, jehaaa...
last weekend i was fishing...and i catched my fish, hehe, and than i tried to make the fish dead, but i almost made my finger dead...deep cut till the bone...right now it looks good again...this scar will me always remind me, how i fight with the fish, hehe