Sunday, April 29, 2007

Alone in Vancouver Day 2

Day 2- Alone in Vancouver

I spent most of the day alone. I left Surrey in the morning and traveled to Vancouver by sky train. Most pictures from today are pictures of the things I saw because…u know… I traveled alone. I now realize that I am a good map reader J.
I bought a day pass for public transit. I started my day by walking on a chic and cool street, Robson Street. This is a paradise for shoppers. It is filled with nice shops, restaurants and cafes. It’s similar to Rodeo Drive in LA. I went there with my cool t-shirt that says “Shopping makes me feel better”. Then I took off for North Vancouver. I took seabus! It’s something like ferry but bigger and nice. I spend few hours in North Vancouver having lunch at Lonsdale Quay and took some pics at Water Front Park. So bad that I was alone L
I took seabus back downtown Vancouver and continued my journey on skytrain (very similar to what we got in Bangkok). I went to Metro Town, the second largest mall in Canada. I wandered around for 1.5 hours and decided that I’d better go back to Gastown to get some souvenirs. So I took skytrain back to Gastown. The miracle happened here in Gastown. I unexpectedly met my friend in a souvenirs shop! We were supposed to meet in the morning and tour Vancouver together. Unfortunately, she was late so I just left and checked in at a youth hostel. But now we met again!! Such a miracle! Now you see that shopping is not too bad. So if you lose me, find me in a shop J.
I decided to check out from the youth hostel ( I already paid L) and stayed with Gisele in her hotel. We went out for dinner at Japanese restaurant and met my big boss at her hotel. My boss was in Vancouver for a workshop. So three of us went out that evening and watched hockey game in a nice and cosy pub. SO bad that Vancouver lost but Calgary won!!


On skytrain going downtown
At Japanese resturant with Vancouver Tee :)
Downtown Vancouver from North Vancouver, Lonsdale Quay
Sunset at Stanley Park
Me on the beach in Stanley Park

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were around 210 bucks on every page. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that singular model. The prices as regards the shoes are around 200 pounds on every page. But for all I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm really into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 200 dollars everwhere. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices for the shoes are about 210 pounds on every site. But for all I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?