Friday, May 25, 2007

Edmonton, the capital of Alberta: 20-21.05.07 Day II

Edmonton, AB 20-21.05.07
Today I acted as a guide showing Rebekka, Rose and Godfrey around Edmonton :) Yeah I said Rose and Godfrey!!!
Four Ivepers in Alberta: Rebekka (Germany), Godfrey (Uganda), me (Thailand) and Rose (Uganda)
We decided to get a day pass for unlimited ride.
Rebekka was helping Godfrey with his day pass. I have no idea why Rebekka looks so serious :p
Me on the bus
After the bus, we took a train downtown
Rebekka, Rose and Godfrey at City Hall
Edmonton City Hall
I love it here that they got a nice pool right in front of the City Hall


I saw this guy and I thought I gotta kiss him :p
Churchill Square

It was an interesting day cus we were on TV! The guy from Edmonton Glabal network interviewed us LIVE!
Acting like a reporter :p

View of the Saskatchewan River
I love walking in a nice city. It was pretty quiet today. Most shops were closed cus it was Victoria's Day.


At the Legislature Building. The building is the heart of Alberta's democratic system.
Me and Rebekka
Inside the building. These flag are real since the Wolrd War I & II. They won't be removed until they naturally fall to the ground.
Inside the Chamber. Those flags are all Canadian provincial flags.
Those Palm trees were given by State of California. They represent friendship between Alberta abd California.
The Grand Staircase leads to the Chamber
In front of the Legislature Building. The construction of the building lasted from 1907 until the official opening in 1912. Materials for the exterior included granite from Vancouver Island and sandstone quarried near Calgary and Ohio, while marble from Quebec and Pennsylvania was used for the interior.


The building is a landmark of Edmonton, the capital city of Alberta.
After the tour at the Legislature Buidling, we checked out University of Alberta. This is me at the Faculty of Dentistry and Pharmacy.
We came home for dinner. Thanks to Wendy, Rose's host who hosted us :)

2 comments:

Dönner - เดินเนอร์ - 듀너 - ドエナー - 德納 said...

edmonton...I guess I have to put this on my travel to do list!

eieiei you had to be the tourguide, eh!?! what´s wrong with these people?!

cheers!
the farang

Anonymous said...

hey farang, nothing is wrong but how could you put up with mandy????
nice new pics mandy.i totaly forgot that you took them